Symbiosys Business Solutions Limited is committed to ensuring your privacy is safe-guarded and we only collect and keep details that aid the functioning of our business and our ability to provide you with our products and services.
This policy explains how we collect information, what we use the information about you for, the basis on which we collect it and your rights.
The information we hold is collected and managed by Symbiosys Business Solutions Limited. We collect your information through:
- your use of this website, including any data you may provide through this website;
- written and verbal communications that you have with us;
- a purchase of a product or service from us.
Symbiosys Business Solutions Limited oversees all of the data management to ensure compliance with this policy and the data protection rules.
The personal information we collect and hold from this website or from written and verbal communications with us includes:
- Name, company email and telephone;
- Details about your enquiry.
The personal information we collect and hold when purchasing a product or service from us includes:
- Name, company email and telephone;
- Details about your requirements;
- Company address, registration and VAT numbers.
How We Use And Disclose Personal Information
We and third parties may use your personal data for the following purposes:
- to create your account and to identify you, – you agree to this as part of your agreement to use our services
- processing your orders, registrations and enquiries – you agree to this when making an order or as part of your agreement to use our services
- providing and administering the contracts we provide for you – this is part of the provision of the contract to you
- providing you with information about the products and services we offer – if you have consented to receive such information and not opted out – see below
We will use your data in providing any services you purchase from us. We may share this information with third parties where necessary to provide the service. This information is all used so we can carry out our obligations or rights under these contracts with you. We use your personal information when providing services to:
- administer your product
- deal with any queries or meet any requirements of our regulators – this is a legal obligation on us
Where we process your data, it is subject to our strict internal policy requirements as well as the Data Protection regulations.
How Long Will We Hold Your Personal Information
We will hold the personal information we use to meet the requirements of our agreements with you for the period of those agreements and any further period afterwards that we need for regulatory or other legal reasons (such as to defend any claims). This will usually mean that we will hold information for seven years after an agreement ends. We will remove any personal information we do not need when we no longer need it.
Where we have personal information which you have consented for us to use we will hold it for the period the consent remains in force and any other period we need for regulatory or other legal reasons. You may remove your consent at any time.
We will delete any information about you we no longer need. Please see below in relation to your rights to have data erased, rectified or for you to access it and for you to object to any processing or to transfer it.
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. These are:
- The right to confirm if we are using data about you and to access details about what we are using and how;
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office;
- The right to request we rectify any inaccurate data or to have data which is incomplete for the purpose we hold it completed;
- The right to be forgotten. Which is the right to ask us to delete information about you and if it is appropriate to do so we will do so;
- The right to restrict what we do with data in specific circumstances, including where the accuracy of the data is contested, processing is unlawful but you do not want us to erase the data or if we only need the data to meet legal requirements;
- The right to receive the data we hold about you in a format you can use to transfer the data electronically elsewhere.
You are also able to withdraw any consent you have provided for use to use your data at any time. This is opting out and the process is set out below.
When someone visits one of our websites, we use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website. You can find more information on how cookies are used on this website in the Cookies Policy below.
We use a third party provider, Campaign Monitor, to deliver emails about our products and services. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our email marketing. For more information, please see Campaign Monitor’s privacy notice.
You can unsubscribe to general mailings at any time of the day or night by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our emails or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other third parties that may be given access to your personal information include organisations that provide us with accounting services, legal services and software.
You can opt out at any time by emailing email@example.com
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being viewed. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links To Other Websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Your privacy and data protection is very important to us and we comply with all aspects of the Data Protection legislation and ensure that any third parties we engage do so. You can find out more about your rights to data from the Information Commissioners Office.
Some data processing may occur in other parts of the European Union (“EU”) or outside of the EU. Wherever data is processed your rights under the Data Protection Regulations will be met and we will ensure that any agreement to process your data ensures this and give you rights in the unlikely event of any security breach.
If you have any enquiry relating to your personal information, you can do so by sending an e-mail to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
(Please note that because of the insecure nature of emails we cannot accept any responsibility for data lost or intercepted in transit.)
Or write to us at:
Symbiosys Business Solutions Limited, Park View House, Worrall Street, Congleton, CW12 1DT, UK
Telephone: + 44 (0) 1260 281700